ELECTION DAY 2010 UPSHOT: OBAMA, PELOSI, REID UNREPENTANT; OBAMA, FEDERAL AGENCIES, & RADICAL GROUPS READY ATTACKS! MSLF--BIGGEST VICTOR OVER OBAMA--FIGHTS BACK NATIONWIDE!
That Election Day 2010 was the greatest repudiation of those in power in Washington, D.C. in the Nation’s history was lost on those whose efforts to radically “transform America” caused it. President Obama said the American public just did not understand; Speaker Pelosi said it was “not my fault”; and Senator Reid continued blithely on his way! They all remain unrepentant!
Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, their allies in Congress, the ever-expanding bureaucracy, and scores of radical groups know one thing, however; the time to implement their radical agenda is short. They will move very quickly now!
Therefore, as Congress continues its Lame-Duck Session, as Obama readies his Executive Orders, as agencies prepare their new rules, and as radical groups draft their “sweetheart lawsuits,” freedom is more at risk than ever before. Of this there is no doubt given what occurred over the last two years when Obama thought he had a “mandate” that would last forever:
• Attorney General Holder sued Arizona for enacting a law that mirrored a federal immigration law as written and as anticipated by Congress;
• The State Department called Arizona a human rights “problem” in a report it submitted to the United Nations for review and official action;
• White House officials doctored a report to make it appear that experts supported their plan to kill energy development in the Gulf of Mexico;
• Holder’s Justice Department voided a rural community’s vote to end partisan elections on phony, paternalistic Voting Right Act pretenses;
• The Interior Department and environmental groups wrote a top secret plan to close millions of acres of western land to end all public access;
• The EPA, ignoring Congress’s refusal to enact “cap and trade,” issued job-killing, economy-sapping, property-seizing “cap and trade” rules;
• Secretary Janet (“the system worked”) Napolitano told all top cops that veterans and those with certain political views are terror threats;
• Federal wildlife officials “extorted” millions of dollars from the border patrol for “authority” to enter federal lands in New Mexico and Arizona;
• Secretary Salazar cancelled oil leases in Utah, illegally seized valuable property rights, and killed energy exploration and high-paying jobs;
• Holder stealthily settled environmental groups’ “sweetheart lawsuits,” paid their attorneys’ fees, and changed rules just as they ordered; and
• SWAT-gear clad Marshals stormed a rural New Jersey home when the Park Service, which coveted the land, falsely warned of likely violence.
Mountain States Legal Foundation (MSLF) responded to these threats. In fact, MSLF’s December 2009 victory over Holder, the Forest Service, three environmental groups, and others—a victory MSLF preserved during 2010—is not only the biggest courtroom defeat suffered by the Obama Administration in its first two years, it also protected private property rights, put hundreds of Americans back to work, and allowed the search for energy to resume.
MSLF won key victories for property owners in New Jersey and South Dakota, gun owners in the West, those searching for new energy supplies, and landowners besieged by covetous agencies abusing the Clean Water Act (“wetlands”), the Endangered Species Act (ESA)(millions of acres are at risk), and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)(“paralysis by analysis”).
MSLF challenged ObamaCare (the Commerce Clause does not allow Congress to issue “individual mandates”). At the request of Governor Jan Brewer, MSLF defended Arizona against Holder’s lawsuit (MSLF also defended Hazleton’s right to protect its citizens). And MSLF: fought global warming hysteria and “cap and trade,” both by agency and judicial fiat, contested the use of racial quotas, and challenged “sweetheart lawsuits” by radical groups.
The greatest challenges to liberty, however, lie ahead in the form of:
• Executive Orders issued by Obama, such as Clinton’s edicts closing millions of acres of western land to recreational and economic use;
• Rulemaking by federal agencies, such as EPA’s carbon dioxide mandates or the FCC’s orders for “diversity” and racial set-asides;
• “Sweetheart lawsuits” by radical groups, which Obama’s lawyers will settle, pay the groups’ attorneys, and do as they demand; and
• Federal agencies’ refusals to obey the law or Constitution, e.g., Article 4, Section 4, the duty to protect each State “against Invasion.”
To sustain its aggressive defense of liberty, MSLF needs your support. In addition, MSLF needs to know what threats to liberty you think are most important. Please rank MSLF’s courtroom battles (#1 = most; #10 = least) and return to MSLF with your tax-deductible contribution:
_____Reclaiming Our Border Land from Foreign Criminals
_____Supporting Arizona and Others in Ending Illegal Immigration
_____Obeying the Voting Rights Act
_____Barring Racial Preferences and Quotas
_____Developing American Energy, Mineral, and Timber Resources
_____Fighting Obama’s Land Grabs
_____Protecting Private Property from “Wetlands” and ESA Abuses
_____Barring Use of International Law or Sharia in USA Courtrooms
Thank you for your support. All who love liberty are in your debt!